European Car Insurance

Do you need to travel between the UK and other EU countries on a regular basis?

You may need to use your vehicle outside the UK for more than the standard 90 days which is offered by most UK insurers. Are you going to be taking a long holiday or have a Holiday home where you spend the summer or maybe a ski season in the Alps?

Extended European Car Insurance

With the formation of the European Union it has become more commonplace for people to move around Europe on a more regular basis. By listening to our customers, we have recognised the need for greater flexibility from insurers where European cover for your vehicle is concerned. As experienced intermediaries we have been able to negotiate with several insurers an extension to the typical 90 days European cover offered by many insurers.

what our policy can provide

Comprehensive insurance cover (if this level of cover is selected by you) extended to allow you to drive in the European Union and European Union Associated Countries for up to 6 months (180 days) as long as you are a UK resident and your car is registered in the UK.

This can be especially beneficial if you own a second home abroad, or you have family living abroad who you visit on a regular basis. You may even have a temporary contract to work abroad.

In addition to the standard policy depending on your details we may be able to include

  • European Breakdown Cover
  • Protected No Claims Bonus
  • Comprehensive Cover
  • Legal Expenses Cover

Insurance for European Cars

In addition to vehicles manufactured for the UK market we can also insure cars imported into the UK from the European Union and European Union Associated Countries. If your vehicle is left hand drive, was originally manufactured for the EU and is currently registered in the UK we may be able to insure you. Please see our Insurance for European cars page

If you need to drive in Europe for 6 months and would like a to discuss a quotation or if you would like any further details please call us on 01375 848000.

For information on what you may need while travelling in Europe please see our news article “Driving Abroad – Things you need to know”.

Comments are closed